Friday 1 September 2017

Alternative Breakfast #1

I struggle with finding healthier options for breakfast finding it easier to reach for a cereal bar or toasted bread.  The problem with that is I have a mid morning crash and crave something sweet.  Hopefully today's breakfast will help to stave off cravings until lunchtime.

So, here is my recipe for:

Alternative breakfast #1

Cooked quinoa (keen-wah)
Full fat organic yogurt
Fresh pear, chopped
Pumpkin seeds
Ground cinnamon

Vary the quantities as you wish.  I used about 50/50 quinoa/yogurt, half a pear and a sprinkle of seeds and cinnamon.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and would make a change from my usual porrige with sultanas cooked with it and half a sliced banana and some honey added to serve which does keep me going till lunch time with no elevenses needed or wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks very tasty, Simone. Like you I tend to have toast but I do love a bowl of fruit with yoghurt too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My breakfast is usually a banana, it keeps me going until lunch time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot bring myself to try quinoa - it looks as though it will act like sand in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not thought about quinoa for breakfast I have some in the cupboard so might give this a go - looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look delicious Simone! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious Simone! I mostly have fruit, greek yoghurt and honey for breakfast or else I be in the biscuit tin by elevenses :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, Simone. I do find that protein carries me through the morning so much better than just carbohydrates. Great recipe!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being so fussy with food it's only recently I have tried a savoury quinoa. I would never have thought of using it at breakfast but a great idea to try something different to start the day.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!