Monday 23 November 2015

In the Groove at the Grove

I am feeling much more in the groove again here at Linden Grove!  Bombarded with a huge dose of ugliness in the World recently via the media and tragic events happening locally too, I have retreated into my inner World of beauty, calm and sanctuary.  No one can touch that place.

As I am drawn to beauty, we can never have enough beauty can we? I indulged myself with an early Christmas gift of the most exquisitely crafted hand made Indian wooden blocks.  These new blocks have opened up so many possibilities for me.  Not only will I be able to use them for paper crafting but for textile printing too.  The blocks are so tactile and as I ink them up and press down on them I am thinking of the skilled worker that produced such a wonderful work of art.

I still love my polymer stamps but use them for a different type of creating.  Stamping with these wooden blocks takes me to another place.  I doubt I will ever visit India but feel as though the spirit of India has visited me. 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12 comments:

  1. They look great. Cannot wait to see your beautiful creations
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Simone!
    I love your blocks, they are so beautiful, looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful, and very inspiring. I am glad you are feeling better now Simone, and hope you have a lovely crafty time with these gorgeous blocks.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stamps are lovely and will be so useful for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Simone. What a lovely self present. My quilting mentor, Jinny Beyer, introduced me to Indian wood blocks for fabric design years ago. Recently I was reintroduced on a larger scale as she has been having a new fabric line printed in India. There are videos of the process that totally wow me.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with. Meanwhile, just looking at them brings joy (I'm trying not to be envious!)
    This week is Thanksgiving in the US. You, my friend, are someone I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks are very attractive, Simone and will be very inspirational in lots of ways for you, what a lovely present to yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely box of potential,
    An occasional treat is essential!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't they beautiful. They look like a box of beautifully decorated chocolates.
    Happy creating.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bliss! Just to have these lovelies in your crafty space must be a treat. They are so gorgeous Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're feeling better, Simone. Those blocks are gorgeous! Enjoy your crafting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, Simone. I just saw blocks like these in an art supply store today, but resisted the impulse to buy!! Enjoy using them!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo lovely! What a treat! Love that reindeer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!