Wednesday 2 September 2015

Windfalls

Autumn arrived overnight.  The grass was dewy in the garden this morning and there was a distinct chill in the air.  I am glad for the changing season and all the possibilities it brings with it.

The big old apple tree in the garden may have seen its final year but has greeted me with a glut of apples this morning.  They are falling off the tree in quick succession so it seems as each day the carpet of apples gets thicker and thicker.  I can see lots of apple baking and cooking coming up with pies, crumbles, cakes and sauces.

Thank you to those of you who have visited my new jewellery making blog called Linden Grove Treasure Trove.  You can find it by clicking on the name in the side bar or click on the link below.


6 comments:

  1. Our apples aren't quite at that stage yet but looks like there will be lots of them. I'm thinking of using some to make chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like lovely apples, Simone - you will be busy in the kitchen for a while with those. We picked some blackberries whilst walking this morning - just right for a blackberry and apple crumble:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely looking apples! I can't say I welcome autumn but apple pie, now that's something else! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of apple pies etc. I made strudel yesterday with apples a friend gave me
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely apples Simone!! Yes, I love the feeling of hope a change of season brings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apples look wonderful, Simone! I do enjoy the autumn bounties and last year I froze a lot of windfall apples from my parents and was able to bake with them all winter long. Hope you enjoy using yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!