Friday 13 March 2015

Soft Summer

I love colour but colour doesn't love me.  I just look so wrong in rich, deep or vibrant colours.  With this in mind I have been doing a bit of research on personal colour analysis on the Internet.  One of the most popular theories is that we fit into 4 seasons of colours and these are subdivided into 3 further divisions making 12 'types' in total.  I tried out various on line tests and my colour always came out as Soft Summer  Click here to see a soft summer chart.  Surprisingly soft summer shades are quite dull and do not include hardly any yellow shade apart from soft chiffon which is the colour of the common primrose above.

For the past few years I have been feeling out of  kilter.  My wardrobe consists of mainly black and orange shades and deep purple none of which do anything for me.  I am slowly going to introduce the summer palette into my wardrobe over the coming months.  It is going to get a bit of getting used to the cool, soft and muted tones but on reflection, that is my personality!  As I read on one blogger's colour analysis site 'soft summer is not sunshine, it is the welcome relief of shade' and I certainly bring a lot of shade to my blog!

If you want to have a go yourself, google 'personal colour analysis' and take it from there.  I would be interested in knowing what you come out as!

Have a colourful weekend

Simone x
Edited : There is a link here to start you off but there are many sites on the Internet where you can find out 'your' colours.  It is quite an eye opener!!!

7 comments:

  1. How interesting, pale primrose is a lovely shade!
    I wonder what I am?
    Happy weekend Simone,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a number of years ago now a friend and I had this done by another friend who was training to be a colour consultant - we had great fun I remember and I was deemed to be Cool Spring. I've just followed your link and done the online analysis and it came out as Cool (no season attached) - with lavenders, blues and greys as my perfect colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly follow this up, sounds interesting.
    You must share your new outfits with us!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. I never choose colors because of how they'll look on me but because I like the colors. I was recently reading about David Zyla and his book Color Your Style. He uses hair, skin and eye color to determine a person's "essence color" (dominant color of their skin), "dramatic color" (from the color of the veins in the wrist) and "romantic color" (supposedly when you pinch your fingertip and it's the color you should use for lipstick, but I must not be doing it right because my fingertip turns white when I pinch it...). I haven't read the book, just an article about it, but it intrigued me. I'll take a look at the link you gave and see what I can see. Thanks for sharing, Simone!

    Oh, and have fun with your color transformation. I think how you dress should make you happy. Have you seen Kelly Rae Roberts' Wear Your Joy project? http://kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-wear-your-joy-project.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Simone,
    I "had my colors done" years ago and I am definitely a winter. My mum was a summer. It's amazing how flattering the right colors can be! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish there was a colour
    That made me look divine.
    I'd put it on tomorrow
    And wear it all the time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Simone just doing a bit of catching up in blogland. After training in Fashion and textiles I had a good idea of what suited me but it wasn't until I had the chance to have my colours done a few years ago that I fully understood why. I am a warm autumn - I can wear jewel like colours but do not look right in anything that is cool like a cold pink or blue and your soft primrose would look awful on me! I think it is a good system for choosing clothes and always looking good in the things you have chosen. I have had fewer calamities since I have known my best colours. look forward to seeing your updated wardrobe x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!