Thursday 15 January 2015

Zenspired

I have been using my new watercolour paints to make background washes until I get used to them.  On the postcard above I have added a zentangle/doodle design incorporating my word (Serenity) for 2015.  I must say though that the bitty design I have created doesn't leave me feeling serene at all even if the process was calming!  Much more practise is needed until I am satisfied with the outcome.

To update on Gizmo: he is still very poorly and not left the house since last Thursday.  It pains me to see him so lethargic after being such an agile cat.  I am sure he will recover in time and I remain upbeat in knowing that I am doing the best as I can for him.

January has been an unkind month, with the shocking news and  sudden death of an energetic and likable vineyard volunteer. I remain resolute is squeezing as much goodness and joy out of life as I can.  I count my blessings often and will never take life for granted.

After a night of howling wind and heavy rain, the day has started quietly.  The clouds are lifting and the sun is pushing its way through.  Time for a brisk walk and some contemplation.

8 comments:

  1. I love your little doodle Simone and I'm glad you enjoyed the process which is the important part but don't be too hard on yourself!
    So sorry to hear that poor Gizmo is still poorly, hopefully he'll pick up soon, poor boy!! Really sorry too to hear about your vineyard friend.
    Enjoy your walk,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on Gizmo I have been thinking about him. I hope he continues to improve.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed experimenting with your Serenity postcard. Oh, poor Gizmo he must be feeling poorly not to go out and about I hope he continues to get a little better each day. We've had howling wind and rain here too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Simone,

    Oh you clever thing, wish I could draw like that. Gizmo is resting and recovering, I am sure it won't take long before he wants to go back outside. Lucky you to have some rain, haven't seen any for months. Have fun with your water colours.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely doodle Simone. Poor, poor Gizmo, hope he picks up soon.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that Gizmo is continuing to improve, Simone. I know from past experience how worrying that can be.
    I love the idea of a zentangle design on hand painted paper! Sounds like a soothing thing to do and the result is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you have the sun breaking through the clouds. I agree that January is a difficult month, but we'll all get through it. I LOVE your zentangle doodle. I think it looks great. I hope you're doing more. And playing more with your watercolors. :)

    Extra hugs to poor little Gizmo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simone,
    I remember when I blogged about Zentangle and you so very quickly got down to doodling. Recently I've been zentangling not only on paper but with my new sewing machine! I think your idea of drawing over your painted paper is billiiant. I've seen people who color their tangles after doing them but your idea really caught my imagination.
    I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your vineyard comrade. And Mya and Dovey are sending their good wishes to Gizmo, as am I.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!