Sunday 6 April 2014

Logo

I have been asked if I could draw a logo for the vineyard.  This is what I have come up with thus far (who says thus?) in my sketchbook.  They need a simple design that can be easily reproduced on certificates and merchandise perhaps?

I sketched the design in pencil and have gone over the lines with a fine liner pen.  It probably needs tweaking but I don't want to overwork it.  It may be a good idea to leave it a day or so before making any modifications. 

It felt good to be sketching again.  This was sketched from my imagination so it is just a representation of a grape vine.  I really DO need to sketch more.  It felt so liberating!

12 comments:

  1. Don't you feel just a bit happy for being asked, Simone?
    I like your design worked in the oval. And yes, you should sketch more. Nice that the process brought a sense of freedom.
    Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you DO need to sketch more Simone, you are very good at it!!!
    That is brilliant. :)
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Simone..is there a company name to inter-twine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare, they just want a drawing for now but I will do another one with the name of the vineyard so they can choose which one to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have yet another talent to share with us Simone!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great logo you can instantly tell what it is about. I think you should sketch more too as it helps your ideas to flow and I agree it is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! that is wonderful - you are so talented
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be asked to do something so special in that it will represent the vineyard and become a well known image. You are very talented, Simone:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simone, I've replied to your clever poem but wanted to follow you...am I being a numpty? Where's your follow button? You should draw more often and write poetry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done Simone, it is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that Simone. I've always been a little envious of anyone who can draw and/or paint as I can do neither.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is WONDERFUL, Simone!!

    Congratulations on being asked and for coming up with such a perfect logo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!